The national Tourette Syndrome Association has an extensive website with updated information and resources on many topics. Of particular interest, parents of school-aged children should review the Tourette Syndrome Education website.
Adult Books / Resources
Physicians – A list of physicians that serve Southern California can be attained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note these physicians are not endorsed by Tourette Syndrome Association Southern California or the Tourette Syndrome Association.
Other Professionals & Organizations – A list of other professionals and organizations providing services to individuals and families in Southern California.
Downloadable TS Description Card (printable)
This downloadable/printable card can be helpful in so many situations when an individual with TS is in public. A simple explanation is provided on the card and it can be handed to another individual to encourage conversation or simply given to another person in an attempt to explain any disruptions without having to initiate the verbal dialog. This can be very handy when traveling. Feel free to download this file, or use it as an example and create your own!
Leaky Breaks (check this out!)
Managing Tourette Syndrome in the Classroom (good for Teachers & Parents)
GREAT STUFF from Kathy Giordano, Education Specialist with the National Tourette Syndrome Association.
- Here is a great list of Red Flags that can be used by parents or teachers in helping to identify children with TS.
- In the TS is More document, one can see examples of the many other issues and disorders that are often present in people with TS.
- General Educational Difficulties are often found in children with TS and this provides an excellent summary.
- The SAT test…it still sends shivers down many of our spines. This SAT Article provides a wealth of information about how high-school kids with TS can understand the process of seeking accommodations.
- The National Dissemination Center for Children with Disabilities – NDCCD, a website that provides excellent information for a wide variety of topics
- This link also from the NDCCD provides links to all of the state’s department of special education as well as links to agencies in the state that may be helpful to parents.
- Check out this TSA article about Independent Evaluations and also some specific code sections from the law.